Gary is a seasoned technology executive, with strong expertise in the film and TV industry and beyond. With nearly 40 years of hands-on technical, architecture, and management experience, he has led technical aspects of multiple successful exits and numerous acquisitions.
Gary is a seasoned technology executive, with strong expertise in the film and TV industry and beyond. With nearly 40 years of hands-on technical, architecture, and management experience, he has led technical aspects of multiple successful exits and numerous acquisitions. He’s deeply committed to quality, craftsmanship, process, and team development. His contribution to the visual-effects field was recognized with an Emmy Award in 2019 for the development of Sapphire Plug-ins, a visual effects suite for TV and movies, as well as several patents.
* Industry-leading visual effects suites
* A web and cloud-based molecular visualization tool for scientists
* AI-based tools for high-end film colorists
* An iOS app for adding visual effects to user-generated content
* Back-end tools for a streaming educational technology platform
* A node-based scientific toolset for data analysis and visualization
* Visualization and graphics toolsets for the Connection Machine supercomputer
Gary knows how to really listen to what a company needs and what it’s capable of. Deep understanding of problem spaces and capabilities is what leads to efficient strategies and successful outcomes. As a hands-on technical leader he knows the tools and technology, but more importantly he understands how to communicate between groups to reduce friction and get to real alignment.
To help companies build something they can really be proud of, Gary’s process includes:
* Defining requirements by deep listening and learning what customers and stakeholders really need
* Building strong trust-based development teams – small, transparent, and tightly focused
* Managing execution using best practices adapted and customized to each company
* Building automation and testing in from the beginning, to create a strong foundation for success